SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to this process and to provide services, products and courses.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, please see below. Also you have the opportunity to say no, or opt out in writing, please see below for contact details.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Science Skincare collects information from customers in a number of different ways. These include the following:
- In connection with competitions or signing up to email or mobile newsletters (either while in-person or online), customers provide us with their contact details. Your name and address are automatically entered into Science Skincare’s database when you enter competitions, enrol in courses or download our material. Science Skincare collects these details to contact competition winners, and to inform customers about events, activities, promotions and courses both in person and as part of other activities. Customers have the option to opt out from receiving this information.
- When customers use mobile applications developed by Science Skincare, or third party applications utilising Science Skincare’s infrastructure customers provide Science Skincare with certain information including their contact details. Science Skincare collects this information to enable customers to be informed about upcoming events, activities, promotions, and courses, both in-person and as part of the Science Skincare experience.
- When customers purchase, register or are provided with products or services, they may provide Science Skincare with their contact details. These details are used for product and service fulfilment purposes and, if customers opt in, to contact customers about events, activities and promotions and courses both in-person and as part of Science Skincare’s other activities, including but not limited to, marketing.
- In addition to the purposes set out above, this information may be used by Science Skincare in connection with the management and course delivery and services provided generally, to obtain feedback about a customer’s experiences (including with our referral partners and affiliates), and may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies, insurers, Science Skincare staff and subcontractors, third parties who provide Science Skincare with services from time to time and retailers for these purposes.
- Where you provide information to us in different ways, or we hold information about you at Science Skincare may connect information provided to us for one purpose, with other information for use for one or more of the above purposes.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 – WOO COMMERCE
Our store is hosted on Woo Commerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through their data storage, databases and the general application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Woo Commerce stores your credit card data. It is encrypted. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards which are a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover and these requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links – When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Cookies are used on our site.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information contained on this web site is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation. You should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs, and where appropriate, seek professional advice.